Who does not love tacos? Every member of my family LOVES them. We’re a mexican food type of family and tacos are a staple. They’re quick, easy and can be healthy too! 🙂 But, those taco shells can be hard to make on your own and fried shells don’t always support nutrition goals (although from time to time I do love me some fried shells!) Originally I was on the hunt for a recipe that allowed me to bake shells and so this recipe came from Jillee’s blog. She’s amazing and is one of my daily visits!
Baked Hard Taco Shells – HOW TO
Let’s start with baking the corn tortillas!
* Wrap six tortillas in a barely damp cloth or use paper towel.
* Place it inside a microwave for about 30 seconds.
* As you lay the tortillas on a clean working table, use cooking spray to coat both sides.
* Drape the tortillas over the bars of the oven rack.
* Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes until it becomes crispy.
And now, on with the making of the taco fillings.
You will need:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 can refried beans
15 oz. tomato sauce
2-3 tbsp of taco seasoning
1-2 cups of shredded cheese
18-20 hard taco shells
Taco toppings of your choice
How to make your taco fillings:
*Cook the ground beef until it turns brown.
* Drain off excess fat.
* Add black beans/refried beans, tomato sauce, and seasoning.
* Scoop fillings and place it into the taco shells.
* Use a 9×13 pan as a base for filled shells.
* Sprinkle with cheese.
* Place it inside the oven and bake at 400 for about 10-12 minutes.
* Topped it up with your favorite taco toppings.
* Serve and enjoy!
There is nothing more fun and delicious to eat than these yummy, crispy, and tummy filler tacos! Enjoy it with your kids on a weekend or anytime you feel like making some for your love ones. After all, with these easy steps, you will surely be making tacos one day after another.