I posted last week about a special dessert ~ Shakeology Mug Cake ~ and just had to share this recipe!
**I will put a disclaimer on this right away. [ Even though I made this out of Shakeology, my favorite healthy nutritious meal of the day mix, I don’t suggest making this every night and because it’s heated and microwaved, I’ve basically killed the nutrients out of it.] That said, you can’t get much healthier than this if you want chocolate cake. I’m just sayin’.
Allergy Info: Gluten Free + Dairy Free
It’s dairy free (if you have the vegan chocolate like me) + gluten free + makes a really good chocolatey treat if you’re craving something, but don’t want to bust your eating plan. I’m a fitness + nutrition coach + drink Shakeology daily (I do not make the cake daily, haha) but I’d love to help you with a plan if you need one! Message me on Facebook 🙂
Try this recipe by BUYING SHAKEOLOGY HERE!
*remember to get the chocolate for mug cake!
- 1 scoop chocolate shakeology (vegan or regular)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites (if you don't want the yolk)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon of PB
- Optional: If you need it sweeter, add a little honey
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffee mug
- Add wet ingredients to the mug (make sure consistency is like cake mix - add more milk if necessary)
- Add peanut butter to the center and let it sink
- Microwave for 1 min 30 seconds
- The cake will pull away from the outside of the mug a little bit.You can turn it out onto a plate if you want but I eat out of the mug, but I add almond milk ice cream 🙂
If you’d like to know more about Shakeology, feel free to add me on Facebook here & shoot me a message!
I like to talk all things cake + fitness/nutrition+ babies.